Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a few projects....












I love it. Lately I have had a itch to craft, re-upholster, paint, wallpaper, build, and just get down and dirty and create something. With being in an apartment it makes it difficult to do anything perminant. I have tried to stay away from doing much more with my apartment since we will be moving in about 2 months, and most likly the things that I have for this apartment won't move perfectly into our next home, and i don't want to move it to where we will be. So I have the itch, and can't do much about it! But there have been a couple things that I have done and I owe my sister a ton of pictures so that she can see my little aparment life.

Domino featured a kitchen and it had the cutest saying "BE CALM and CARRY ON"...I thought it was so cute, and I knew I will definantly want in my future home. So the other night Lauren and I decided to come together and craft. We got down and dirty (and almost high) spray painting her dresser a white laqure, and then with Laurens graphic design skills we recreated the same "Be Calm Carry On" Poster. We got a white mat and white frame and perfecto Something that i love, for an altogether total of $26!

Also, here are the other pictures that my sister has been begging for, a picture of my office with my new armoire, the perfect solution to hide my sewing & copy/fax machine. I love it! Jimmy can be doing homework on the desk, and i am busy sewing in my handy dandy armoire.

Just had to post of my new "BE CALM and CARRY ON" addition, and post pictures of my office for my sister to see.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

I have felt the same itch to create too! where did you get the print for your frame, or did you completely recreate it... cause I want one!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love your little office space. so cute. i have the same armoir (sp?) for my computer!

Erin said...

I have a whole house that needs the itch to be created...any time you need a project i have plenty. All the pictures look great. I love that saying.

Joe & Jill said...

hey I saw that Heather Bailey is on your list of sites to see. So she's in my ward- and I actually watched her little girl for a year and a half. So do you like her stuff or what?